Directory is our brand new platform that encompasses a parent theme, various plugins and a wide selection of child themes. It is the most advanced theme we’ve ever created with literally hundreds of custom features. Read this page to learn more about how you can turn your website into a global directory.
How do cities work in Directory?
Cities in this WordPress listing directory theme essentially provide another layer of filtering content. With regular themes you’re limited to organizing posts into categories; in Directory everything you create is also filtered by cities. In practice, it means that a person who “lands” in New York won’t see anything posted for London. Customize cities by adding a city message or setting a custom header and body background. Choose between using an image or a simple color for both the header and the body.
Use city logs to check out how many people visited each of your cities. The theme also logs each visitors IP address.
A map for everything
In Directory we’ve made it so that geo-location information can be associated with virtually any piece of content. This will allow you to showcase pretty much anything on a map. Maps themselves are plentiful. They are featured on the homepage, along with search, category and detail pages. There are 6 different map widgets you can use thought the site. With category pages you can choose between using an AJAX based map or a listing map widget. The map widget also enables pinpointing functionality for quickly focusing on a specific map marker.
Directory is our brand new platform that encompasses a parent theme, various plugins and a wide selection of child themes. It is the most advanced theme we’ve ever created with literally hundreds of custom features. Read this page to learn more about the stuff you can create and manage with Directory.
Allow visitors to register and post content
Every CMS allows you to modify and publish content, but not many give visitors the same opportunity. Our listings directory theme enables you to do just that; create submission pages visitors can use to post content on the site. Submitted content can be moderated from the back-end. But before they do this they’ll have to register. With Directory, you can edit register fields in order to capture unique information from visitors. (more…)
Note: You must take backup of your site and database before following this step. Better be safe then sorry.
Here are some tips on how to speed up your WordPress website:
- Shared hosting v/s Dedicated hosting: If you are having more data or higher traffic on your Directory website then instead of shared hosting, we recommend using a dedicated server. Directory is an application like theme and as soon as your site gets traction both content and traffic on your website will increase simultaneously so your website will need more server resources for better performance. If you are on a shared hosting your server resources will be shared with other websites on the same server so you will get limited resources for your website which will ultimately result in an under performing website. On the other hand if you go with a dedicated server all server resources will be available for your website and it will perform much better.
- Remove plugins: Please visit plugins page in your WordPress admin and remove any and all unnecessary plugins which is not really contributing to your site.
- Optimize DB: If your site is more than few months old, you should optimize your site database with plugins like RGV optimize and Simple optimizer or likes that will remove unnecessary junk from your site such as spam comments, post revisions etc. which will make your site database perform better
- Limit post revisions: Most users dont need each version of post revisions. Here is a good article on how to disable or limit it.
- Spam Comments – If your spam comment receipts are in high numbers then all the spam comments should be deleted at the regular interval by just going to wp-admin > Comments >Spam >Empty Spam (button) otherwise you may end up with a compromise in the site speed!
- Lack of Image optimization – It is very important to upload the just perfect sized image & that too with the specific formats like “jpg,png etc”.
- W3 Cache plugin: This will really make your site faster. We highly recommend using this plugin which will cache your site and serve pages really faster.
- Cloud flare: Use cloud flare and it will improvise your site performance further. Its free!
- CDN: Most of the popular sites nowadays use CDN services such as MaxCDN or likes to deliver content from their site (we at templatic use it too)
- Memory Limit: Many times increase in memory limit variable of the php.ini file also helps the user in loading the site faster.
- Better WordPress Minify: It compress and combines CSS and JS scripts on site to improve the page load time. It can be downloaded from here. When this plugin is active, go to its settings > Manage enqueued Files. Select three files mentioned below:
– google-maps-apiscript Select them and choose action “Say at position”. Save the Changes.
- Google page speed: If you really wish to go in detail, Google Page Speed is a very good site analysis tool that will tell you exactly how you can improve your site speed.
- For the error: The following cacheable resources have a short freshness lifetime. Specify an expiration at least one week in the future for the following resources (80997)
## EXPIRES CACHING ##
The above mentioned reasons are quite in brief just to make you aware with the actual problems, so to have a detailed description & guideline on each of them, please have a look at the below given articles.
Hope this helps.
Directory is our brand new platform that encompasses a parent theme, various plugins and a wide selection of child themes. It is the most advanced theme we’ve ever created with literally hundreds of custom features. Read this page to learn more about the ways in which Directory can earn you some extra cash.
Make money by
- Charging for submissions
- Selling event tickets?
- Creating a webshop
- Selling ad space with Ad Manager add-on
Create price packages and insert them into your submission forms. Price packages can be created for every post type and they are category specific. Scroll down for more info.
Create ticket products using WooCommerce? and connect them with events. Event detail page will show the buy button as well as the remaining ticket count.
Along with selling tickets, you can use WooCommerce to sell other stuff as well. Create your product categories, setup shipping, tax and you’re ready to go!
Use the back-end to control exactly where each banner shows. Set category specific banners or assign them to each post manually. Multiple locations available.